Thursday, March 20, 2008

frustration

I got a letter from the bank where we have the van loan. Apparently, the allotment that had been set up for the payment to come out of his pay, was stopped in December. Of course, he is the only one who could've stopped it. The thing is that now, they want $1500. He never told me he did it (I think actually he did it as a spontaneous, knee-jerk reaction to being mad at me and forgot about it). Now, all the income tax refund is gone and I'm just finding out. Oh yeah, I am some serious kind of pissed off! Now, I have to worry about the van being out there when I go to take the kids to school in the morning. The thing is: the van and loan are in his name. Not mine. His truck is only in my name (and paid off) and not his. I want to switch. He won't.

Just when I am trying to rebuild trust that he's not trying to hurt me and make life miserable for me.......

I don't know what to do. Switching vehicles is the best solution for me (although the truck is 10 yrs old and has its own mechanical problems). If he wants to default on the loan then fine. Not my problem. And yesterday, the engine starting acting funny and blue-ish smoke was coming out of the exhaust. Of course, this happens when the van is 10 miles away from the warranty expiring! The mechanic (on the phone) said it sounds like oil starvation produced engine sludge. Kia won't pay for it if it's owner neglect. Lovely. They want receipts of oil changes, etc. I'd have to have it towed to Kia to avoid going over the mileage. I'm supposed to take Josiah to meet his Dad halfway on Saturday for Spring Break. It's a Murphy's Law kind of day.

No comments: